5/26/07

I'm Back

Class is finally over .. unfortunately the work isn't. I still have a research paper to write and a comprehensive final to take. I hope to get it all finished by Wednesday - PRAY!

I really didn't want to take this class but something kept telling me I should. I never know if those promptings are the Holy Spirit or something I ate the night before so I am careful about making big decisions based on "feelings". Still, this one was strong enough that I listened to it and I am glad I did.

Not only did I have the opportunity to learn a lot about evangelism but I met some great people - including the instructor. Wayne clearly has God's hand on his life. He is a gifted preacher and teacher. I hope our paths cross again. That, however, was not the best part of the class.

One assignment was to interview a vocational minister. I had the opportunity to interview a pastor from DeSoto. I think it was a divine appointment for both of us. I came away from that meeting with a renewed spirit for reaching the lost world. He came away with a awareness of some changes his church needed to make - and already have begun!

This class not only changed my life but the life of a church. Pretty amazing for a two week class.

No comments: