6/22/07

Hang Over Without The Buzz

I feel like I have a hang-over this morning... my eyes are puffy, my head hurts, and I woke up thirsty. (Yes, I know what a hang-over feels like!) It's not fair to have the morning after when you didn't get to enjoy the buzz the night before! Only thing I can think that caused it is that I got blind-sided by a couple of things last night and it took a while for the impact to set in.

First, I some how ended up on the Rotary board of directors again. I had offered to "help" with membership but ended up as Co-Chairman of the committee with Curt Krohn. At least he is a planner like me so we will work well together ... but I have really be wanting to limit civic activities to make more time for ministry. I suppose the civic activity is a part of my ministry.

Then came the big one. Our new President announced that when the District Governor comes to visit our club we will do an "interfaith" prayer. Now, I understand that I can't demand that other people pray in Jesus' name - but I should not be expected to pray to the "spirit in the sky" either. I am not real sure how I will balance being politically correct with being the kind of Christian I know I should be. And my faith will win over political correctness every time.

I'll be reading Scripture and looking for answers the next few days. I'll let you know how the Holy Spirit leads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that we have to find out if we can "adapt" to our requests of being a steward for God's kingdom. Going out of our comfort zone establishes us to rely more on God. He knows what we can handle and we won't know that until we try.

Unknown said...

So are you saying that you would provide an "interfaith" or nonsectarian prayer if asked?

Unknown said...

Jesus is our mouth,through which we speak to the Father; He is our eye, through which we see the Father; He is our right hand through which we offer ourselves to the Father. Unless He intercedes, there is no intercourse with God.

-- St. Ambrose