6/19/07

You Want Me To Pray Where?

Ok, I got a call from Tina tonight asking me to do the invocation for the Rotary Installation banquet. I immediately thought of what Bob told me almost 2 years ago ... "Never pass on an opportunity to take people into the presence of the Lord." So I cheerfully said "Of Course!"

That was when she said "Oh good, neither Curt or Bob are going to the dinner." So, she knew they were not going, which would make me what...third choice? Hummmm...

At the end of our conversation Tina said she needed to call someone else to do the pledge. I laughed and said Wait! I didn't know I could just do the pledge!

Her response to me was worth everything I have been going through these past few weeks, she said "But this is your calling. This is what you're supposed to do." Wow, suddenly the late nights, hard work, and frustrations melt away.

We both enjoyed a good laugh and I will certainly pray on Thursday night. I will miss my two favorite DeSoto pastors (Curt & Bob), but I guess I should say thank you to them because it gives me an opportunity to share my faith with people who do not personally know our Jesus.

No comments: