7/10/07

Crazy Week

It has been a crazy week and it's only Tuesday! Monday was a tough day to get through. Started out with some discouraging news from my church. As I was dwelling on that I had a few problems in the office. School is an ongoing issue. I love what I am learning right now, but it is so much work it's difficult some days to get it all done. Then there was the problem with the chamber. I don't often play the "because I can" card but I felt it was necessary yesterday. I was so depressed by the time I got home I just wandered around the house for a while and then went to bed around 10:30 - early for me.

I woke up around 3:00 this morning in distress. I stretched my arms out and prayed more sincerely than I have in a long while. Around 4:00 I got out of bed, dressed myself, and went to work. I was trusting the Lord for help to get through the day; knowing trials are just as much a part of the Christian walk as the easy days. I wasn't sure which I was going to receive.

I decided I would go ahead and register for the fall semester at DBU. I had decided to only take one class for several reasons...however it had been cancelled! I called my advisor to confirm the Internet information and she said I would need to select another course. She sent me information on two other classes. My hope for the day was beginning to fade.

I said another prayer. "I can't do this, help me."

Then a hearing aid rep shows up thinking we had an appointment - we didn't. But I needed some supplies from her company that I had ordered but not received. She made a couple of calls and the supplies will be in my office tomorrow - free of charge. Free is good right now. Then the phone rings. A woman I have never met wanted to thank me for starting the prayers at City Hall each week. She had read about it in the paper last May but was just now getting around to calling. She plans to join us in the morning - and she will bring her pastor with her. Now, the desire of my heart is to minister to the pastors in town. Do you think God knew that?

Remember me telling you there was an issue with the chamber? Well, the man I had been reprimanding yesterday sent me an email that just said, "I still love you, see you at the meeting." Made going into that meeting today a lot easier.

Now about school. No great spiritual inspiration here except I think I have come to a decision. I looked over all the information for the classes available and I do not think I should take any of them. That's right, I think I will sit this semester out. But I will not be wasting that time.

What I feel I need to do is refocus and to remember what started me on this path. I need to get some discipline back into my life - both physical and spiritual. I have a lot of rebuilding to do over the next few months. Keep me in your prayers.

Then this evening I had a meeting with my Bible Study teacher and another couple from class. I was "administrating" and planning kingdom growth. We are developing ways to help others grow in their walk with the Lord. I realized I was exactly where I was supposed to be - doing what I am supposed to be doing.

If you listen for the Lord He will guide your steps.

No comments: