1/3/09

Change of Plans

It was such a beautiful day I decided to grill some chicken outside. I started the grill and sat outside to enjoy the sun while I waited. When it was time, I went inside to prepare the chicken. When I opened the package I was surprised to find chicken strips! What do I do now? The grill is hot, but all I have are these little strips of chicken!!

Life ever present you with a similar situation? You are prepared for one thing, but life gives you something very different? One of the many exciting aspects of walking with Christ is that we don't know what's going to happen next. At times we may be uncomfortable with the twists and turns, but God reserves the right to lead us wherever He wants.

As we prayerfully consider what God wants us to do, we can be confident that He will lead us day by day through His Word and by His Spirit within us (Psalm 139:10). Because He is good (25:8), we can trust Him with our lives in this great adventure called the Christian life.

And, as you might have guessed, the chicken strips turned out great. I grilled them with some vegetables so it was even better than my original plan. But, with God, isn't that usually the case?

No comments: