2/6/09

Vision

The other day, I was driving along when the drizzle made mud of the dust on my windshield. It was then I discovered my washer fluid was empty. I made an executive decision that I would keep heading toward my destination without stopping to buy more washer fluid. Bad choice.

As I kept driving my windshield kept getting worse. I would use the wipers every once in a while hoping that the moisture would clean off the windshield with a swipe of the wiper blade...no luck. It only smeared it on thicker. It got so bad, in a short amount of time, that I had to pull off at the nearest gas station and buy a gallon of fluid. Then I had to wait in the parking lot a few extra minutes as the smudge was cleared away with the new fluid and my wipers beating furiously over my windshield.

That is life, friend. You cannot move forward without a clear vision for where you are headed. At least that is what the Scriptures say. Proverbs 29:18, "Where there is no vision, the people perish..." (KJV) It can kill a person to drive with the windshield unclear and you cannot get to where God is wanting to take you in life without clearly having His vision for your life before you. You need to fill up your tanks with the fluid of His Word (Ephesians 5:18) and you need to do what it is He is asking you to do.

May we aspire to INFLUENCE lost people for the sake of Jesus Christ, to CONNECT with other believers in Christ, to DEVOTE ourselves to becoming more like the image of His Son by studying His written Word and finally to HELP wherever we see a need that we know we can fulfill because our gifts from God are for that very purpose!

Let's make these more than words in 2009. Let's make them reality!
We WILL be the church God is calling us to be - and it starts with you and me.

No comments: