3/3/13

Did You Miss Me?


I didn’t make it to church this morning.  Once I decided to not go I could have just rolled over in bed and gone back to sleep, but I didn’t.   I immediately sent three text messages.  Why?  I knew I would be missed.

When you think about the people in your small group or Sunday School class would they contact you if they knew they were going to be absent?  Would they know they would be missed? 

Here are some suggestions on how you can build groups that care for each other:

Talk to Others: Everyone has a need to be noticed. 

Smile: A smile can turn around a bad day for someone else.

Use Names: It shows you cared enough to remember.

Care About Others: Empathy means involvement!

Priase Others: Reinforce good behaviors.

Encourage Others: Use your words to build up others.

Respect Others:  Try to see situations from the other person’s perspective.

Touch Someone: You may be the only physical human contact some people get each week.

Servant Leadership: What counts most is who we are in Christ and what we do for others!


What other things would you suggest?

2 comments:

Paula said...

Listen when someone needs to download... :)
All good ideas to encourage and care for the body of Christ. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks Paula. That is an excellent suggestion to add to this list!