6/17/07

Pastor Epps

I had a new experience this morning.

I attended a Baptist church where it was not only acceptable to dance for the Lord - we were encouraged to do so! We were clapping our hands and swaying to the music. It was great. As the pastor got into his sermon I noticed the organ was playing along with him. I think it had been like that all along I just didn't notice because it blended so well. It was a great sermon on prayer.

It was raining this morning when I arrived at the church. I was gathering up my things when I noticed a man standing outside my window with a large umbrella. There were several men in the parking lot with large umbrellas walking people to the church door. Very cool.

This morning was a chance to see a different church culture. It wasn't a white/black thing as much as it was a God thing. Thank you Pastor Epps for a memorable morning with you and our Lord.

No comments: