3/19/13

Count Your Blessings


For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

It was a difficult morning.  I woke up late and rushed to the office only to learn my first appointment decided to cancel.  Good news is that it gave me time to write reports.  Bad news is that’s when we discovered we are out of office supplies.
Later we had a physician come in who felt I needed to hear every gory OB-GYN story he knew.  He said think about what you see in ears and multiply that by a hundred and that’s what I see every day.  I guess he wasn’t having a very good day either. 
When our lunch break finally arrived I bought a glass of lemonade and sat with the sun on my face.  I spent a few minutes with the Lord to quiet my mind and my soul.  Yes, it had been a difficult morning, but I decided that wasn’t reason enough to be frustrated.  I decided to count my blessings instead:
1. I love my family and they love me.
2. I have amazing friends who are never more than a phone call away.
3. I have a comfortable home with a yard to enjoy.
4. I have a car that gets me where I need to go (even if the AC is out right now!)
5. I have a business that I own that provides for my needs.
6. I have a church that I cherish.
7. I get to do ministry with some amazing women.
8. I have a God that knows my name.
I came back to the office after thanking God for my day.  I was feeling better about life.  Time with the Lord always does that for me.  Then my first afternoon patient came in for help.  We did the test and as we were ending she said “Thank you for being my doctor.”  She then reached across the table grabbed both my hands and began to pray for me!  She thanked the Lord that I was here to help her and for His Spirit that shown through me.  She asked Him to sustain me.
 I smiled because He just did.

No comments: